Well, since I've been married 13 years and been with Mike a total of 16 years, I don't know if I can answer this question honestly. Although I guess I can answer it as an 18 year old:
1. Does he read? If not, I'm not interested. Types of reading material more negotiable.
2. Does he have interesting interests that are different from mine? I want to do different things.
3. Does he have a long string of ex-girlfriends he talks bad about? Not interested.
4. Is his family nice? Necessity.
5. Does he drink a lot/smoke a lot/go to bars/strip clubs? Not interested.
6. Misogyny is right out. He has to like girls and not fear them or hate them.
7. Does he talk on and on and on about one topic, or stick any topic forever? Is he always right? Bleah.
8. Does he own more shoes/hair care products/sweaters than I do? Not interested.
9. Is he interested in things I like (the flip side of #2 above)? I'd prefer it that way.
10. No one I have to fix or thinks he needs to fix me.
Nowadays...I guess all those still fit, actually. It's helpful that I found someone who fit that description (or the antithesis, really, of most of it).